Code of Practice
This Code of Practice is a summation and declaration of acceptable, ethical, and professional behavior by which all Yoga Alliance UK Registered Yoga Teachers agree to conduct the teaching and business of Yoga.
As a Registrant of Yoga Alliance UK, I agree to uphold the ethical goals set forth in the following Code of Practice:
- To provide the public with access to safe and effective yoga teachers
- To maintain and uphold the traditions of Hatha Yoga. To teach yoga from the experience of these traditions and to disseminate these teachings to anyone, from any background, who earnestly desires to follow these traditions.
- Uphold the integrity of my vocation by conducting myself in a professional and conscientious manner.
- Acknowledge the limitations of my skills and scope of practice and where appropriate, refer students to seek alternative instruction, advice, treatment, or direction.
- Create and maintain a safe, clean, and comfortable environment for the practice of yoga.
- Encourage diversity actively by respecting all students regardless of age, physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religion affiliation, or sexual orientation.
- Respect the rights, dignity, and privacy of all students.
- Avoid words and actions that constitute sexual harassment.
- Follow all local government and national laws that pertain to my yoga teaching and business.
Our Customers Say..
"The benefits of being a member of the Yoga Alliance are many. Firstly, it is a great platform for creating links between yoga teachers for sharing and discussing all aspects of practice and teaching.
Secondly, it enables the new student to feel confident in the knowledge, that their teacher has gained recognised qualifications and experience within the discipline, and thirdly, it creates a sense of group and unity within the Yoga community.
Being a member of the Yoga Alliance UK is, in my opinion, invaluable. Namaste"