Schools Terms & Conditions
Yoga Alliance UK - Membership Declaration
- School memberships will run from the date of completion and will be on auto-renewal every year thereafter.
- Automatic renewal Membership fees will be billed annually and automatically to the credit or debit card you provided when you enrolled in Membership or the form of payment we currently have on file for you, in the amount of the then current Membership fee.
- Should your credit or debit card expire, you must inform us of your new card details to ensure we always have your current details on file.
- Yoga Alliance UK will notify the school prior to their renewal date to inform them of this. If you do not want to be on auto-renewal, it is your responsibility to inform Yoga Alliance UK in writing when you make your application.
- An automatic renewal extends the existing expiration date of the Membership by one year; such renewal term begins the day after the current term ends.
- When an expired Membership is renewed, the new Membership term is one year, beginning on the date of renewal.
- We may change the Membership fee at any point, but will send out notification 28 days prior to any changes.
- Should you wish to cancel your membership, you must give 28 days notice to this effect in writing.
- Membership approval will result in an automatic creation of a Yoga Alliance UK™ online store account.
- All privacy settings will be automatically defaulted to maximum security settings.
- Only Senior Yoga Teachers (SYT's) or 'Faculty set ups' are eligible to run a Teacher Training program.
- Having a Yoga Alliance UK school membership, you agree to upload the Yoga Alliance UK logo relevant to your membership level to your website and ensure these have a reverse link to www.yogaalliance.co.uk
- This logo should be placed on the front page of your website and the inner page of your teacher training section of your website.
- You must also include the following wording beside this logo
“Our training school has met the stringent requirements set by Yoga Alliance UK, demonstrating that our courses are of the highest standard and that our graduates may use the title 'Registered Yoga Teacher' RYT as a sign of quality training when they register themselves with Yoga Alliance UK.”
- Your SYT logo should be placed in the ‘about me’ section of your website when referring to you as a teacher.
- You must promote Yoga Alliance UK in a positive manner at all times and agree to never misrepresent Yoga Alliance UK at any time.
- If you are investigated for the misrepresentation of Yoga Alliance UK, you agree to provide all and any information we require to conduct the investigation, including details of your students. This information would only be used in relation to that investigation.
- As the principal teacher of the training school that you are registering with Yoga Alliance UK, you agree to not change the principal teacher without prior notification to us in writing. This may affect the continued membership of your school if the new principal teacher is not registered as a SYT with Yoga Alliance UK.
- You will make an initial application payment of £100 for us to look at your course content. This is non-refundable. Once we are happy that the school meets our requirements and all documents have been submitted and accepted, you can make the final payment.
- You agree not to change any course content details of your training course without prior notice to Yoga Alliance UK, including assessment criteria. This may affect the continued membership of your school if the course no longer meets our standards.
- You agree to sign up all of your UK based trainees on your course with Yoga Alliance UK for the duration of your training course. This is mandatory for all UK based schools and Yoga Alliance UK will provide them with insurance to teach a maximum of 2 classes per week whilst on your training course.
- You agree to encourage trainees to upgrade to RYT 200’s on completion of your course.
- You agree to encourage all graduates of your course to register with Yoga Alliance UK as RYT 200’s (or above). This is optional and you can opt into the related incentive scheme.
- You confirm that all the information you have given is 100% accurate to the best of your knowledge.
- You agree to keep your profile fully up to date at all times.
- In the event that you have falsified any part of your application you understand your account will be cancelled with no refund.
- By purchasing this membership, you agree to meet all conditions imposed by Yoga Alliance UK™ in order to maintain these privileges.