Registered Yoga Teacher RYT200
Registered Yoga Teacher 200 Hour has become recognised throughout the international yoga community as the minimum standard of teaching qualification.
If you wish to teach Yoga to children's or teach pregnancy yoga, you will need to have completed specific training in this and submit your certificates to us.
As a member of Yoga Alliance UK you will have your own page to tell others about your classes and teachings.
You are able to use the Yoga Alliance UK RYT logos and wording in all your advertising and promotion material. We can also help you to create your website.
How much is it to join?
Pricing is simple:
First you must determine whether the school you trained with is registered with Yoga Alliance UK (RYS). For the list of all schools, please take a look here.
You have three options available to you for your membership.
1) Membership Only - If you already have insurance elsewhere and do not require our insurance.
RYS - £66.00
Non-RYS - £91.00
2) Membership + Yoga Insurance - This includes comprehensive insurance for you to teach yoga to all audiences. You will need to have completed a 200 hour course as a minimum to qualify for this. If you require insurance cover for children's or pregnancy yoga, you will need to have completed specific training in this and submit your certificates to us.
RYS - £84.00
Non-RYS - £109.00
3) Membership + Yoga + Therapies Insurance - This includes comprehensive cover to all audiences and also includes cover for additional therapies. You will need to provide certificates for therapies insurance.
Please take a look on the 'Full List of Activities' here.
RYS - £104.00
Non-RYS - £125.00
YAUK Insurance Cover: This covers you to teach yoga if you are based and working int he UK. Our insurance is provided by Towergate Professional Risk, it covers you for up to £5 million indemnity and if you are teaching overseas for up to 120 days of the year. For further information on this, please take a look here.
The costing is the same as above for the UK with an additional £10 on each membership due to exchange rates with the euro and insurance being more expensive in Ireland than the UK.
Do I Qualify to Apply?
There is one route by which you can qualify to join us as a RYT200
You have a 200 Hour certificate from a single trainer / institute
How you can qualify:
- You trained with a Yoga Alliance UK trainer- auto acceptance - see our list
- Your trainer is not registered with Yoga Alliance UK, but they meet our standards - please check by clicking the icone on the left: "For RYT200 minimum standards".
JUST BECAUSE YOUR TEACHER TRAINING COURSE IS NOT REGISTERED WITH US DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU CAN'T REGISTER YOURSELF! (see our standards)
Still not sure? See what our members say