Registered Yoga Teacher RYT500
Registered Yoga Teacher 500 Hour is the next stage to building on your experience of the 200 hour qualification - the next step on your career path as a yoga teacher.
If you wish to teach Yoga to children's or teach pregnancy yoga, you will need to have completed specific training in this and submit your certificates to us.
In addition to your own page to promote your classes and workshops, our aim at Yoga Alliance UK is to help you promote and grow your business as a yoga teacher. We can help you build your own yoga website and advertising materials such as flyers, brochure, timetables and business cards.
How much is it to join?
Pricing is simple:
First you must determine whether the school you trained with is registered with Yoga Alliance UK (RYS). For the list of all schools, please take a look here.
You have three options available to you for your membership.
1) Membership Only - If you already have insurance elsewhere and do not require our insurance.
RYS - £66.00
Non-RYS - £91.00
2) Membership + Yoga Insurance - This includes comprehensive insurance for you to teach yoga to all audiences. You will need to have completed a 200 hour course as a minimum to qualify for this. If you require insurance cover for children's or pregnancy yoga, you will need to have completed specific training in this and submit your certificates to us.
RYS - £84.00
Non-RYS - £109.00
3) Membership + Yoga + Therapies Insurance - This includes comprehensive cover to all audiences and also includes cover for additional therapies. You will need to provide certificates for the therapies insurance.
Please take a look on the 'Full List of Activities' here.
RYS - £104.00
Non-RYS - £125.00
YAUK Insurance Cover: This covers you to teach yoga if you are based and working int he UK. Our insurance is provided by Towergate Professional Risk, it covers you for up to £5 million indemnity and if you are teaching overseas for up to 120 days of the year. For further information on this, please take a look here.
The costing is the same as above for the UK with an additional £10 on each membership due to insurance being more expensive in Ireland than the UK.
Upgrade from RYT200 to RYT500
If you are a current member and believe you are eligible to upgrade to RYT500 please click the button below (please read the adjacent column to check that you qualify)
Upgrade from TYT to RYT 500
Do I Qualify to Apply?
There are two routes by which you can qualify to join us as a RYT500
1) You have a 500 hour certificate from a single trainer / institute
There are 2 possibilities by which you can qualify:
- You trained with a Yoga Alliance UK trainer - see our list
- Your trainer is not registered with Yoga Alliance UK but still meets our standards - please click the icone on the left: "For RYT500 minimum standards".
- You are not eligible to run a Teacher Training Course when you are registering for RYT500 unless you have elected a Senior Yoga Teacher who will manage 70% of the course.
2) You have a 200 hour certificate plus experience teaching
- Your 200 certificate meets our requirements PLUS you have a minimum of 6 years and 3000 hours teaching experience since getting your 200 certificate.
Please note: Does NOT qualify as teaching experience if either one to one class or home teaching class is not publicly advertised