Registered Yoga Teacher RYT500
Registered Yoga Teacher 500 hour is the next stage on the journey, building on your experience of the 200 hour qualification - the next step on your career path as a yoga teacher.
As an RYT500 you get all of the benefits of the RYT200 with a couple of differences:
- You are NOT required to complete CPD's
- Workshops that you teach may qualify as a CPD
In addition to your own page to promote your classes and workshops, our aim at Yoga Alliance UK is to help you promote and grow your business as a yoga teacher. We can provide you with a free email address and help you build your own yoga website and advertising materials such as flyers, brochure, timetables and business cards.
What Will it Cost Me?
Pricing is simple:
- £ 69.95 per anum if you already have your own insurance
- £110.00 per anum if you require insurance as part of our scheme
Need insurance quickly? Call us on 0845 230 7009
Do I Qualify to Apply?
Joining Yoga Alliance UK is staightforward:
There are three routes by which you can qualify to join us as an RYT500
- I have a 500 hour certificate from a single teacher / institute
- I have a 200 hour certificate from a single teacher / institute PLUS I have lots of teaching experience
- I do not have a certificate but I have a lot of experience
You have a 500 hour certificate from a single trainer / institute
There are 3 possibilities by which you can qualify:
- You trained with a Yoga Alliance UK trainer (auto acceptance)
- You trained with a Yoga Alliance USA trainer (auto acceptance)
- Your trainer was not Yoga Alliance approved but the course meets our requirements.
You have a 200 hour certificate plus experience teaching
- Your 200 certificate meets the above requirements PLUS you have a minimum of 4 years and 2000 hours teaching experience since getting your 200 certificate.
You do NOT have a certificate but lots of teaching experience
- You have a minimum of 6 years and 4000 hours teaching experience
do NOT qualify as teaching experience: either one to one class or home teaching if not publicly advertised
Still not sure? See what our members say